Open-mindedness is essential for a happy and fulfilling life. It allows us to learn new things, grow as individuals, and build strong relationships. Narrow-mindedness, on the other hand, can lead…
Patience is a skill that takes time and practice to develop. But it is a skill that is well worth developing, because patience is power. It allows us to make wise decisions, to take action from a place of inner strength, and to live happier and more fulfilling lives.
Practice the ‘patience-meditation’ for as long as you like. Try to practice it for at least 10 minutes each day. With regular practice, you will start to notice a difference in your life. You will be more patient with yourself and others, and you will be better able to handle difficult situations with calm and composure. You will also be better equipped for the journey of success.
I close my eyes and pay attention for a few moments to my natural, calming and relaxing breaths. I allow myself to unwind – my body relaxing and my mind to quieting down.
I imagine that I am in a beautiful, peaceful place. Perhaps I am sitting in a meadow, surrounded by wildflowers. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the breeze is gently blowing. I feel the warmth of the sun and the coolness of the breeze on my skin. I listen to the sounds of nature around me and I take in the beauty of the world around me. I feel safe and relaxed.
Now, I pay attention to my calm and relaxing, natural breathing. As I inhale, I imagine that I am breathing in calm and as I exhale, I imagine that I am relaxing, releasing all tensions and stresses. I notice how I feel more and more calm and centered.
I will use this meditation to create growth and positive change in my life. I will integrate the benefits of this meditation into my daily life by contemplating some empowering ideas about patience. I imagine seeing the flowers blossoming around me and I say to myself,
“My patience is blossoming.”
I contemplate the phrase: “I am patient with myself and others, and with the universe” – I imagine that I am surrounded by a warm, white light. This light represents my patience. This powerful light helps me to overcome any challenge.
I contemplate the phrase “I am grateful for all that I have,” – I imagine that I am filled with appreciation and other powerful emotions that help me to receive and enjoy the good things in my life, even when I experience some difficulties.
I contemplate the phrase “I am open to receiving all that is good,” – I imagine that I am opening my arms to receive the infinite goodness and well-being that the universe offers to me. I am worthy of all the good that comes my way.
I contemplate the phrase “I am filled with love, kindness, and compassion,” – I imagine that I am glowing with love, kindness, and compassion. I am a loving and compassionate person, and I share my love and compassion with the world.
I contemplate the phrase “I am at peace with the universe,” – I imagine that I am at peace with everything and everyone. I am part of a larger whole, and I am at peace with my place in the universe.
I ask myself, “What do I want to cultivate and what do I need to let go of?” – I imagine myself cultivating the qualities I need and letting go of anything that wears me down. I imagine the flowers blossoming around me as a symbol of the strength and power of my growing patience that gives me the keys to infinite success.
When I am ready, I finish this meditation by saying to myself: I am ready to transition back to the present moment. I open my eyes slowly and gently get back into the present – refreshed, recharged and ready.
I repeat each affirmation slowly and deliberately, taking my time to let the meaning sink in. I feel the truth of each affirmation resonate within me.
- Patience is strength because: I persevere in the face of challenges
- Patience is strength because: I observe difficult emotions without reacting
- Patience is strength because: I am mindful and I exert self-control
- Patience is strength because: I choose how I respond
- Patience is strength because: I respond in a calm and constructive way
- Patience is strength because: I take action from a place of inner strength
- Patience is strength because: I persistent, working towards my goals one step at a time
- I remind myself every day: Patience is power
- Patience is power because: It gives me the key to my success
- Patience is power because: It is how I achieve my goals
- Patience is power because: I am creating success – one step at a time
- Patience is power because: I remain calm and composed in the face of adversity
- Patience is power because: It lets me live a happy and fulfilling life.
- Patience is power because: I make wise decisions
Patience is my power.
- I am grateful for the abundance of patience that I have.
- I am at peace with the process of life.
- I am surrounded by peace and tranquility.
- I am patient and persistent in achieving my goals.
- I am patient with myself as I learn and grow.
- I build resilience by choosing to be patient in all situations.
- I am calm and composed in the face of adversity.
- I trust that everything happens in the right time.
- I am open to receiving all that is good.
- I am patient about receiving all that is good.
- My patience fills me with love, kindness, and compassion.
- My patience brings me at peace with the universe.
- I am grateful for the lessons that patience teaches me.
- I respond to challenges with patience and wisdom.
- I am patient with myself and others.
- I am becoming a more patient and compassionate person.
- I stay motivated on my journey of cultivating patience.
- I am becoming more patient every day.
- I release all tension and stress.
- I am comfortable in my own skin.
- I am grateful for all that I have.
- I cultivate patience in my life.
- I am loving and patient.
- I am calm and centered.
- My patience is blossoming.
I cultivate more patience
- I become aware of things that may trigger impatience. I become aware of the things that test my patience. I find a way to deal with these things in a calm and constructive way.
- I anticipate and prepare for potential challenges. When I know that I am going to be facing a difficult situation, I take some time to think about how I want to respond. I want to stay calm and focused when I face challenges
- If ever I feel my patience waning, I center myself. I take note of my breath, breathing naturally, which calms my body and mind
- I practice compassion. I acknowledge the joys and suffering of others and I try to understand it from their perspective. When I have compassion for others, I am more likely to be patient with them.
- I focus on the positive aspects of others. I focus on the positive things about them, even when they are frustrating me. I shift my focus from the negative to the positive or neutral.
- In frustrating situations, I look for growth opportunities. When something goes wrong, I ask – what can I learn from the experience? This helps me to grow and develop as a person.
- I build kindness and resilience. Kindness and resilience are essential qualities for patience. When I am kind to myself and others, and when I am resilient in the face of challenges, I am more likely to be patient.
- I shift my focus to being understanding. Instead of focusing on what I want, I focus on understanding the other person’s perspectives, needs and wants. This helps me to be more patient with them.
- I focus on positive or neutral self-talk. When I catch myself thinking negatively, I disengage those thoughts. I engage with positive or neutral thoughts. This will help me to maintain a more patient mindset.
- I take breaks. If I am feeling overwhelmed or losing patience, I take a break from the situation. I step away and do something calming, such as reading, listening to music, or taking a walk. This helps me to clear my mind and come back to the situation with a fresh perspective.
- Nature reminds me that patience is essential for achieving my goals. I cannot expect to achieve great things overnight. Instead, I am patient and I persistent, working towards my goals one step at a time. Nature’s patience reminds me that patience is essential for bringing my dreams to life. I can make all the plans I want, but it is my dedication, discipline and patience that will see me through to success.
Empowering quotes about patience
“Patience is simple waiting and it’s a true achiever.” This is a beautiful and inspiring quote that reminds me of the power of patience. When I am patient, I am able to achieve great things, even if it takes time.
Gandhi’s quote, “To lose patience is to lose the battle,” is a reminder of the importance of patience in achieving my goals. When I am patient, I am able to stay focused and determined, even when things get tough. I am also able to make wiser decisions, because I am not not acting out of impulse or frustration.
The Bhagwan Gita defines patience as self-control. This is because patience requires me to be mindful of my thoughts and emotions, and to choose to respond in a calm and constructive way, even when I am feeling challenged.